Many brain functions are still a mystery. Thanks to scientific studies, we know that medicinal cannabis can help regenerate our neurological cells, not kill brain cells!
“The medicinal benefits of cannabis and cannabinoids are immense, and it’s time everyone is allowed full access to this amazing healing herb.”
Read the full article in Raw Stories…
Cannabis protects cells several ways–
- Cannabinoids, compounds found in cannabis, incite brain cells to grow by neurogenesis and can alleviate depression, anxiety, and stress.
- Low dose THC helps to protect brain cells from damage, such as stroke and head trauma, and may preserve cognitive function.
- Traumatic head injured patients who have some THC in their blood are more likely to survive.
- CBD and THC in cannabis (in mixture or independently) can help kill cancer cells and shrink brain tumors in concert with chemotherapy.
- Low levels of THC act as an antioxidant, which can protect neuro cells by lowering beta-amyloid level. Beta-amyloid, which is present in high amounts in people with Alzheimer’s, is a protein in the brain that can clump together to form plagues. Plaques may activate the immune system to trigger inflammation.
Most of the cannabis studies referred to above utilized low doses of cannabinoids. Keep in mind that optimal dosage is key!
Photo by Robina Weermeijer on Unsplash